Last updated: August 14th, 2020
- through your use of our website URL and any country top level domain name (the “Site“), through your use of and applications for our products and services and participation in our program(s);
- by interacting with our content and/or services such as online training; or
- by contacting our team members.
This policy also applies to information held about suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about.
“Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit/debit numbers, expiration date and other billing information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number). “Non-Personal Information” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information.
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold different Personal Information about you. For example, this may include:
- your name;
- your education;
- your occupation and professional qualifications;
- your contact information such as your home or work address, telephone and email contact details;
- your payment details/financial information, such as your bank account or credit card details; your postings on any social media applications and services that we provide; your account security credentials, such as username and passwords;
- information about how you use our products and services;
- information in connection with communications you send us, for example to report a problem; and
- where necessary, additional information as part of our user authentication process.
Automated collection of information
Each time you use the Site, we may automatically collect the following types of information:
- Technical information: For example, the type of internet browser and the operating system. We use this information to help provide a good user experience on the Site.
- Log information: For example, the details of the use of the Site by you, the visits to the Site and traffic data. We use this information to help us understand how users use the Site and to improve user experience.
If you fail to provide us with this information, or you object to us processing such information, the consequences are that we may be prevented from conducting business with you and we may be unable to provide our products and services to you.
How Information is Obtained
Information you give to us when you purchase our products and services. If you purchase one of our products you will need to provide certain information including your name, address and card number in relation to the purchase.
Other information you give to us. We may receive and store information that you enter on the Site (e.g. when you register for a program) or give us in any other way (e.g., by telephone, email or other software platform). As a result of your use of the Site, you may supply us with such Personal Information such as your name and contact details.
Social Media. Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information we collect about you
We may also collect information from you online using cookies and other analytical tools or when you visit the Site, including when you use our products and services. Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our Site – and the way you use it – better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone / tablet). They improve website use and speed – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields. There are more details in our section on Cookies below. In addition, with regard to each of your visits to our Site we will automatically collect certain information e.g. your IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet.
How we hold your information
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration of Personal Information in Dunia Limited’ possession and control. Although we endeavor to provide security for information in our possession and control, no security system can prevent against all potential security breaches, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of Personal Information or Non-Personal Information arising in connection with the theft thereof.
Links to Other Sites
How the Information is used
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience and to provide the products and services that you have requested. We may also use the information that you have provided to ensure that the content on our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer. We may use and disclose your information for the following specific purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the products, services and information that you request from us;
- to assist you with enquiries, or to improve our customer service;
- to communicate with you;
- to send you marketing (where we have the right to do so – see marketing section below);
- for our billing and account purposes;
- to maintain our business relationships where you are a business partner, a user of our website and services, or a customer;
- o administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about services that may interest you or them;
- to develop and improve our products and services;
- to update our records;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site or our programs, when you choose to do so; and
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
As further described below, in limited circumstances we may disclose collected information, including Personal Information, to certain third parties in connection with providing the Services or as required by law.
We may use Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways, including, by way of example, to evaluate the performance of the Site and Services and the general preferences of users, or to generate anonymous statistics for our benefit or for our business partners. Because Non-Personal Information is entirely anonymous, and therefore can never be used by us to identify you, this policy does not limit our ability to use or disclose Non-Personal Information.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We may disclose certain Personal Information about you to our affiliates, third-party service providers, agents and contractors (e.g., our third party payment processors), if this is necessary to provide you with our products and services, respond to your inquiries or for any other related purposes and so long as they are only using the Personal Information to provide services to us. We will ensure that if we share information with, or provide access to, third party service providers or affiliates, any such disclosure or access is at all times in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
We may also share your Personal Information with third parties who support our information technology or handle mailings on our behalf and our professional advisers. The disclosures contemplated by this paragraph (“Necessary Disclosures”) are necessary if you wish to use our products and services. As mentioned above, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information without restriction. If you do not want us to make such Necessary Disclosures, or to use Non-Personal Information without restriction, you must not use the Services. We do not sell, rent or lease e-mail addresses or other Personal Information to third parties.
How long we keep your information
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required. If you close an account you have with us or you decide not to go ahead with participating in one of our programs, we may still keep your information. .
If you have subscribed to one or more of our products or services, communications or mailing lists, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in any email that you receive or by contacting Dunia at any time with the email provided on the site.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the Site. They may also be used to track your return visits to the Site. When using the Services, we may create “cookies” on your computer for purposes of facilitating and maintaining your current user session to help Dunia Limited understand your use of the Site and enable you to access, navigate and use the Services. Dunia Limited may collect Personal Information using those cookies in order to enable the Company to identify you in connection with the Services and to track use of the Services for purposes consistent with this policy.
Do Not Track
Dunia Limited does not currently take steps to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
Effective August 14th, 2020. Dunia Limited may make changes to this policy in the future.